Pelosi warns Democrats of liberal 'menace' ahead of 2020 vote
Gunmen kill 14 in Balochistan after checking identity cards
First Alert Weather Day for Wednesday
Pete Buttigieg officially announces 2020 presidential bid
U.S. airlines face summer travel woes, United States News & Top Stories
Trump hails progress after receiving note from North Korea's Kim
13 July 2018, 02:05 | Tara Lloyd
US President Donald Trump has released a letter from Kim Jong-un in which the North Korean leader voices confidence in efforts to end their nuclear stand-off while urging the US leader to take "practical steps" to build trust.
Trump later said North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat, even though no details were announced, and critics suggested the president had failed to secure any new commitments from Pyongyang toward the dismantling of its nuclear missile program.
According to documents seen by AFP, the USA sent a report to the United Nations sanctions committee that estimated at least 759,793 barrels of oil products had been delivered to North Korea between Jan 1 and May 30, well above the annual quota set at 500,000 barrels under a sanctions resolution adopted in December.
In the letter dated July 6, Kim thanked Trump for his "energetic and extraordinary efforts" to improve the once hostile relations between the two countries.
State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said the North Koreans called around midday to say the meeting would be delayed until Jul 15.
North Korean officials denounced the meeting at its conclusion, accusing the USA of having a "gangster-like" attitude in negotiations. Pyongyang has asked the UN Command Armistice Commission to upgrade the talks to a higher level to include a US general, South Korea's foreign ministry said.
28,000 Syrian refugees returning home after peace deal
A regime air strike on the rebel-held half of the provincial capital of Daraa also killed one civilian, the Observatory said. The deal will take place in phases across Deraa, but there is no timeline yet, a rebel official said.
But there was one bright spot from Belgium defeat
Belgium's 1-0 win sent it into the side of the bracket containing four World Cup winners and Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal. Former England defender Martin Keown told BBC Sport: "I'd have him in the team because of the balance he has".
Highlights of Wimbledon day three
The 28-year-old came from two sets down to beat Ivo Karlovic 6-7, 3-6, 7-6, 7-6, 13-11 in a match that lasted almost four hours. A single break in each of the first two sets was enough for him as he remained entirely untroubled on his own serve.